Cheese & Chocolate Train Tour
A visual and culinary delight while travelling in the Alps on this delicious Swiss tour.
Day 1 Zurich - Geneva
Travel by train to Geneva. Overnight in Geneva
Day 2 Geneva - Montreux
Enjoy a city tour through downtown Geneva. Visit the international neighborhoods of Geneva and the main tourist attractions of the city, such as the beautiful fountain of Lake Geneva (Jet d‘Eau) and the wonderful Flower Clock. Afterwards, try a cheese fondue in a typical Swiss restaurant, accompanied by a glass of wine. Next make your way to central station and travel along the impressive Lake Léman to Montreux. Montreux, known worldwide for its Jazz music festival, is located on the shores of Lake Léman. Overnight in Montreux
Day 3 Montreux - Chocolate Train to Gruyére - Montreux
The chocolate train takes you first from Montreux to Montbovon. Afterwards you continue to the cheese factory “La Maison du Gruyère”, where you will learn all about the production of the famous Gruyères cheese. Afterwards you can visit the medieval city of Gruyères with its well-preserved castle. Then continue to the legendary “Maison Cailler” in Broc. There you will be introduced to the secrets of chocolate making and take part of a chocolate tasting. Return to Montreux and overnight stay.
Day 4 Montreux - Interlaken - Lucerne - Golden Pass Line
Leave behind the Swiss Riviera and ride aboard the Gold Pass Train through the alpine world of the Bernese Oberland. Via Zweisimmen and Interlaken you will reach Lucerne. The trip offers spectacular views of the Swiss landscape with numerous lakes and mountains. With the Rigi and Pilatus mountains and the Alps as a backdrop, Lucerne is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Switzerland.
Overnight in Lucerne
Day 5 Lucerne - Chocolatier Aeschbach – Geneva
Visit the “World of Chocolate” in the village of Root only 10 minutes away from Lucerne by train. You will learn everything about the subject of chocolate and you can prepare your own chocolate bar. Travel by train to Geneva.
· Accommodation in 4* hotels
· Daily breakfast
· Train ticket Zurich - Geneva – Montreux - Lucerne - Zurich in 2nd Class
· Ticket and seat reservation in the Chocolate Train: Montreux - Montbovon,
· Bus Montbovon – Gruyères - Broc and Broc – Montreux
· Entrance to the cheese and chocolate factories
· Transfer In Zurich on Day 1
· Transfer to/from hotel in Geneva on Day 1
· Walking City Tour in Geneva with a local guide, 2 hours
· A cheese fondue accompanied by a glass of wine, water, or a carbonated drink in a typical Swiss
restaurant in Geneva
· A visit to the “World of Chocolate”in Aeschbach with guide, incld. entrance
Highlights: 5 Day/4 Nights
· Breathtaking scenery
· Travel on the famous Chocolate Panoramic Train
· Visit a cheese and a chocolate factory
· Enjoy a fantastic cheese fondue at a traditional restaurant